I've opened an issue and sumbitted a patch

Chris Hostetter wrote:
: I can't seem to get solr cell to index password protected pdf files.
: I can't figure out how to pass the password to tika and looking at
: ExtractingDocumentLoader,
: it doesn't seem to pass any pdf password related metadata to the tika parser.

I suspect you are correct, i don't think anyone has ever submitted a patch to enable Solr take advantage of this functionality in Tika.

if you have suggestions on how to implement it, please open a Jira issue (even if you don't have a patch to contribute, suggestions about how it might make sense to implement it from someone who has looked at the code and has some ideas may help inspire someoen else to work on a patch)

-Hoss