Hi,

I need to sort query results by the output of some function which takes
"score" and couple other fields as an input (50% of the total score comes
from similarity score and 50% comes from document's popularity). Is there a
workaround which does not involve installation of any patches.

I have found a user comment at this page
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-1297 (Enable sorting by function
query) where he has mentioned that there is a workaround "(main query)^0
func(...)" that can be used to sort results by function without having to
install "SOLR-1297" patch. Could anyone please explain this workaround a bit
in more detail? Maybe someone could give me an example of using it?

Thank you!