Hello out there,

I am searching for a solution for conditional Document Boosting.
During analyzing the fields of a document, I want to create a document boost
based on some metrics.

There are two approaches:
First: I preprocess the data. The main problem with this is, that I need to
take care about the preprocessing-part and I can't do it out of the box
(implementing an analyzer,  compute the boosting value and afterwards store
those values or send them to solr.).

Second: Using the UpdateRequestProcessor (does it work with DIH?). However,
the problem would also be custom work and taking care that the used params
are up-to-date.

Third: Setting the Document Boost while analyzing-process is running with
the help of a TokenFilter  (is this possible?).

What would you do?

I think what I want to do is quite the same as working with Mahout and Solr.
I never worked with Mahout - but how can I use it to improve the user's
search-experience?
Where can I use Mahout in Solr, if I want to influence document's boosts?
And where in general (i.e. for classification).

References, ideas and whatever could be useful are welcome :-).

Thank you.

Kind regards
- Mitch