I know how to index a document with a boost but am still not sure whether
I'll see a search performance improvement with it.  The initial decision to
use a boost function at search-time was made to preserve the flexibility to
tweak the function without having to a full reindex.  I no longer need that
flexibility so was wondering if I would get better performance by implement
the boost at index-time.

--
Asif Rahman
Lead Engineer - NewsCred