First, I'm new to the mailing list, and somewhat new to Solr, and
apologize ahead of time if my question is either redundant or
simplistic.

I've read through the documentation on both the dist and hsin
functions, but seem to be having a hard time grasping the concepts and
syntax, particularly in reference to being used with frange.

for example, if I were to use a filter query such as

{!frange l=0 u=75}dist(2,latitude,longitude,44.0,73.0)

I would expect it to return all results within 75 mi of the given
latitude and longitude. however, the values being returned are far
outside of that range:

[latitude] => 2.9662
[location] => 2.9662,101.3768
[longitude] => 101.3768

I've also tried

{!frange}hsin(1,44.0,73.0,latitude,longitude,true)

expecting that it would return a filtered set of queries in a radius
of 1 mi within 44.0lat and 73.0 long, where true tells the hsin
function to convert to radians. However, whether or not the filter is
applied, I get the same number of results, inlcuding:

[latitude] => 26.1486
[location] => 26.1486,-80.2245
[longitude] => -80.2245

So, in short, I have figured out how not to get errors, but still seem
to have no idea how to get the data filtered the way I need it
filtered. Any help would be greatly appreciated, and I am more then
willing to provide any more information if my explanations have been
lacking in detail or clarity.

Aaron Chmelik
Web Designer & Programmer