Ok,  So let me preface this by saying I'm a noob to solr/lucene, so if I this
is totally obvious.. please forgive me. I've been searching for a while now
and can't seem to figure out what is going on.

So here is the problem:  I've got a little dev index build with some songs
in it that i'm developing against.  When I search for springsteen through
the solr admin, my highest score is for a completely unrelated song called:
Agnus Dei - by Erna Spoorenberg [Soprano] (Haydn: Harmonienmesse).  When I
look closer at the fields stored in that record the word springsteen is no
where to be found in any of the fields on that record so I'm totally
confused.  When I turn on hit highlighting to find out what it thinks it
matched on it's highlighting the word "Spoorenberg " and "Soprano"?!?!  I
enabled the debug query and I see this toward the bottom... but not sure
what it means:

<str name="rawquerystring">springsteen</str>
<str name="querystring">springsteen</str>
<str name="parsedquery">name_title:SPRN</str>
<str name="parsedquery_toString">name_title:SPRN</str>
<lst name="explain">
<str name="artist.artist.3106">
4.42386 = (MATCH) fieldWeight(name_title:SPRN in 3105), product of:
  1.4142135 = tf(termFreq(name_title:SPRN)=2)
  6.2562833 = idf(docFreq=704, maxDocs=135196)
  0.5 = fieldNorm(field=name_title, doc=3105)
</str>
this goes on for all the results.  So as near as I could tell it took the
term sprintgsteen and truncated it to sprn?  but even so how does sprn match
"Spoorenberg" or "Saprano"?

I'm using solr 1.4

Thanks for any input you can give me.

Jed.