Pulled this out of another thread of mine as it's the only bit left that I
haven't been able to figure out.

Can someone show me briefly how one would include a docBoost inside a DIH?

I've got something like this...

var rank = row.get('rank');
switch (rank) {
        case '1':
                row.put("$docBoost",3.0);
                break;
        case '2':
                row.put("$docBoost",2.6);
                break;
        case '3':
                row.put("$docBoost",2.2);

                break;
        case '4':
                row.put("$docBoost",1.8);
}

...and no effect.  I've tried rank as a int just to cover my bases...

switch (rank) {
        case 1:
                row.put("$docBoost",3.0);
                break;
        case 2:
                row.put("$docBoost",2.6);
                break;
        case 3:
                row.put("$docBoost",2.2);

                break;
        case 4:
                row.put("$docBoost",1.8);
}

...still no effect.

And I've tried adding and removing this from my entity:

                    <field column="$docBoost" />

...again to no effect.  Not sure if it should be there or not, but gave both
a shot.

The results I see are a lot like this
(/select?fl=score,rank,title&q=title:red):

{"title":"red",
 "rank":10,
 "score":0.22583205},
{"title":"red",
 "rank":8,
 "score":0.22583205},

I would expect the rank 8 to have a higher score.  Not happening though.

What am I missing?