Does anyone know how to read in data from one or more of the example xml docs and ALSO store the filename and path from which it came?

ie:  exampledocs/vidcard.xml
contains:
<add>
<doc>
<field name="id">EN7800GTX/2DHTV/256M</field>
<field name="name">ASUS Extreme N7800GTX/2DHTV (256 MB)</field>
</doc>
<doc>
<field name="id">100-435805</field>
<field name="name">ATI Radeon X1900 XTX 512 MB PCIE Video Card</field>
</doc>
</add>

Two questions:
once the data gets indexed by solr, is there anything we can use to know that this data came from that file? ie, what was the name and location of the file that holds the data. I need access to the path and filename of the xml file containing the entries when searching.

and is there anyway to append information to xml data being indexed through the query parameters like there is with the ExtractingRequestHandler. like literal.id=x;literal.filename=vidcard..xml or does all this information have to be in the particular <doc> in question.

thanks so much for any help on this.