To determine if the optimize is still in progress, you can look at the
admin-frontend on the page "THREAD DUMP" for something like "Lucene Merge
Thread". If its there, then optimize is still running. Also, index-filesize
and filenames in your index-dir are changing a lot...

--
Alexander Rothenberg
Fotofinder GmbH         USt-IdNr. DE812854514

Geschäftsführer:        Ali Paczensky
Amtsgericht:            Berlin Charlottenburg (HRB 73099)
Sitz:                   Berlin