Thanks a ton for your reply.. Your suggestion always helped me out :)

Your inputs on configuring shards via SOLR config would help us a lot!!!!!!!

One final question about replication.. When I initiate replication I thought
SOLR would delete the existing index in slave and just transfers the master
index in to Slave. If thats the case there wont be any sync up issues right?

I am asking this because everytime I initiate replication the index size of
both slave and master becomes the same  (even if for some reason if index
size of slave is bigger than master it gets reduced to the same size as
master after replication) so thought that SOLR just deletes the slave index
and then moves all the files from master..

Again, thanks for your help!!!!

Thanks,
BB