Hi,

Are you sure you followed the wiki [1] on this subject? There is an example
there but you need Solr 1.4.0 or higher. I unsure if just patching 1.3.0 will
really do the trick. The patch must then also include Apache Tika, which sits
under the hood, extracting content and meta data from various formats.

[1]: http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ExtractingRequestHandler

Cheers,

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 14:11:56 satya swaroop wrote:
> Hi all,
>          i am new to solr and followed with the wiki and got the solr admin
> run sucessfully. It is good going for xml files. But to index the rich
> documents i am unable to get it. I followed wiki to make the richer
> documents also,  but i didnt get it.The error comes when i send an pdf/html
> file is a lazy error. can anyone give some detail description about how to
> make richer documents indexable....
>  i use tomcat and working in ubuntu. The home directory for solr is
> /opt/solr/example and catalina home is /opt/tomcat6.
>

> thanks & regards,
>  swaroop

Markus Jelsma - Technisch Architect - Buyways BV
http://www.linkedin.com/in/markus17
050-8536620 / 06-50258350