I'm trying to enable clustering in solr 1.4. I'm following these instructions:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/ClusteringComponent

However, `ant get-libraries` fails for me. Before it tries to download
the 4 jar files, it tries to compile lucene? Is this necessary?

Has anyone gotten clustering working properly?

My next attempt was to just copy contrib/clustering/lib/*.jar and
contrib/clustering/lib/downloads/*.jar to WEB-INF/lib and enable
clustering in solrconfig.xml, but this doesnt work either and I cant
tell from the error log whether it just couldnt find the jar files or
if there is some other problem:

SEVERE: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading class
'org.apache.solr.handler.clustering.ClusteringComponent'