Hi. All.
  Is there anyway to have time out support in distributed search. I searched
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-502 but looks it is not in main
release of solr1.4
  I have 70 cores, when I search, some response in 0-700ms. Some return in
about 2s. Some need very long time, more than 15s. If we can add timeout
support, eg: 2s. Then each time we search, we can have the result returned
within 2s. and the response time is acceptable for our user. And as the shards
already receive the query request, it will do query and cache the result. then
next time we search, it will become fast.

Anyone has the solution?

Regards.
Scott