: I am new to Solr and seeking your help to change filter from
: ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory to ASCIIFoldingFilterFactory files.  I am not

According to the files you posted, you aren't using the
ISOLatin1AccentFilterFactory -- so problem solved w/o making any changes.

: sure what change is to be made and where exactly this change is to be made.
: And finally, what would replace mapping-ISOLatin1Accent.txt file?  I would

i think what's confusing you is thta you are using the
MappingCharFilterFactory with that file in your "text" field type to
convert any ISOLatin1Accent characters to their "base" characters (i'm
sure there is a more precise term for it, but i'm not a charset savant
like rmuir so i odn't know what it's caled)

: like Solr to search both with and without diacritics found in
: transliteration of Indian languages with characters such as Ā ś ṛ ṇ, etc.

your existing usage should allow that on any fields using the "text" type
-- if you index those characters they will get "flattened" and if someone
searches on those characters they will get "flattened" -- it's just like
using LowerCaseFilter -- as long as you do it at index and query time
everything is consistent.

if you want docs to score higher when even the accents match, just index
and query across two fields: on with that charfilter and one w/o.

-Hoss