Hi Stephan,

On the iPad, as with the iPhone, I'm afraid you're stuck with using SQLite if you want any form of database in your app.

I suppose if you wanted to get really ambitious and had a lot of time on your hands you could use Xcode to try and compile one of the open- source C-based DBs/Indexers, but as with most things in OS X and iOS development, if you're bending over yourself trying to implement something, you're probably doing it wrongly! Also, I wouldn't put it past the AppStore guardians to reject your app purely on the basis of having used something other than SQLite!

Apple's cocoa-dev mailing list is very active if you have problems, but do your homework before asking questions or you'll get short shrift.
        http://lists.apple.com/cocoa-dev

Mark