Alternatively, have you considered storing(or i should say indexing) the search logs with Solr?

This lets you text search across your search queries. You can perform time range queries with solr as well.

@tommychheng
Programmer and UC Irvine Graduate Student
Find a great grad school based on research interests: http://gradschoolnow.com