On 29 Jul 2010, at 12:27 pm, Gora Mohanty wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010 10:49:18 +0100
Mark Allan <mark.al...@ed.ac.uk> wrote:
[...]
Is there a way to reference each core/shard by name rather than
explicitly stating the host, port and path in the URL?  For
example, I'd like to swap:
        http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/select/?
q=foo<..snip..>&shards=localhost:8983/solr/core0,localhost:8983/solr/
core1,...
for something like:
        http://localhost:8983/solr/core0/select/?
q=foo<..snip..>&shards=stills,video,etc...
and have it do the same thing.
[...]

If you are using Apache, mod_rewrite will let you do all kinds of
fancy things in terms of rewriting URLs.

Hmm, that's a very good point. We'll probably be deploying to Tomcat eventually, but I'll bear it in mind. Thanks

Mark

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.