Hi Erick!

thanks for the response!
I will answer your questions ;-)

> How often are you making changes to your index?

Every 30-60 seconds. Too heavy?

> Do you have autocommit on?

No.

> Do you commit when updating each document?

No. I commit after a batch update of 200 documents

> Committing too often and consequently firing off warmup queries is the first
> place I'd look.

Why is commiting firing warmup queries? Is there any documentation about
this subject?
How can I be sure that the previous commit has done its magic?

> there are several config values that influence the commit frequency

I now know the autowarm and the mergeFactor config. What else? Is this
documentation complete:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/ImproveIndexingSpeed ?

Regards,
Peter.