Thanks so much for your help!

I used text type and found the following in schema.xml. I don't know which ones
I should remove.
***********************************
<fieldType name="text" class="solr.TextField" positionIncrementGap="100">
      <analyzer type="index">
        <!-- in this example, we will only use synonyms at query time
        <filter class="solr.SynonymFilterFactory" synonyms="index_synonyms.txt"
ignoreCase="true" expand="false"/>
        -->
words="stopwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="1" catenateNumbers="1" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
      <analyzer type="query">
ignoreCase="true" expand="true"/>
words="stopwords.txt"/>
        <filter class="solr.WordDelimiterFilterFactory" generateWordParts="1"
generateNumberParts="1" catenateWords="0" catenateNumbers="0" catenateAll="0"
splitOnCaseChange="1"/>
        <filter class="solr.EnglishPorterFilterFactory"
protected="protwords.txt"/>
      </analyzer>
    </fieldType>