Hi there, I have a question about filter (fq) performance in Solr 1.3.
After doing some testing it seems as though adding a filter increases
search time. From what I've read here
http://www.derivante.com/2009/06/23/solr-filtering-performance-increase/

and here
http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/05/27/filtered-query-performan
ce-increases-for-solr-14/

it seems as though upgrading to 1.4 would solve this problem. My
question is whether there is anything that can be done in 1.3 to help
alleviate the problem, before upgrading to 1.4? It becomes an issue
because the majority of searches that are done on our site need some
content type excluded or filtered for. Does it make sense to use the fq
parameter in this way, or is there some better approach since filters
are almost always used?

Thank you!