Another option is the 3x branch - that should still be able to read
indexes from Solr 1.4/Lucene 2.9
I personally don't expect a 1.5 release to ever materialize.
There will eventually be a Lucene/Solr 3.1 release off of the 3x
branch, and a Lucene/Solr 4.0 release off of trunk.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com