1. download solr lib and import them in your project.
2. download solr source-code of the same version and attach in to the
libraries. (I haven't got eclipse open but it is something like project ->
settings -> jre/libraries?)
3. write a small program yourself which calls EmbededSolrServer and
step-through/debug the source-code from there. It works just like it is your
own source-code.

HTH,
Geert-Jan