Hi,
I have a master solr server and two slaves.  On each of the slaves I have
programs running that read the slave index, do some processing on each
document, add a few new fields, and commit the changes back to the master.

The problem I'm running into right now is one slave will update one document
and the other slave will eventually update the same document, but the
changes will overwrite each other.  For example, one slave will add a field
and commit the document, but the other slave won't have that field yet so it
won't duplicate the document when it updates the doc with its own new
field.  This causes the document to miss one set of fields from one of the
slaves.

Can I update a document without having to recreate it?  Is there a way to
update the slave and then have the slave commit the changes to the master
(adding new fields in the process?)

Thanks.