hello,
I have done all the suggested changes. My table name is 'info' having
columns id,name,city and skill. I am able to index them all successfully.
But I am able to search the data only using name and not other column names.
Where did I go wrong?

*My data-config.xml file is as below:*

<dataConfig>
  <dataSource type="JdbcDataSource"
              driver="com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
              url="jdbc:mysql://3307/dbname"
              user="user-name"
              password="password"/>
  <document>
    <entity name="id"
            query="select id,name,city,skill from info">
<field name="id" column="id"/>
<field name="name" column="name"/>
<field name="city" column="city"/>
<field name="skill" column="skill"/>
   </entity>
  </document>
</dataConfig>

*And the entries made in schema.xml are:*

<field name="city" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>
<field name="skill" type="string" indexed="true" stored="true"/>

entries for id and name are already present.

*And i also have added requestimporthandler in solrconfig.xml as follow:*

<requestHandler name="/dataimport"
class="org.apache.solr.handler.dataimport.DataImportHandler">
<lst name="defaults">
  <str name="config">data-config.xml</str>
</lst>
</requestHandler>