Andrzej,

thank you for sharing your experiences.

> b) use consistent hashing as the mapping schema to assign documents to a
> changing number of shards. There are many explanations of this schema on
> the net, here's one that is very simple:

Boom.
With the given explanation, I understand it as the following:
You can use hadoop and do some map-reduce-jobs per csv-file.
At the reducer-side, the reducer has to look for the id of the current doc
and needs to create a hash of it.
Now it looks inside a SortedSet, picks the next-best server and looks in a
map, whether this server has got free capacity or not. That's cool.

But it doesn't solve the problem at all, correct me if I am wrong, but: If
you add a new server, let's call him IP3-1, and IP3-1 is nearer to the
current ressource X, than doc x will be indexed at IP3-1 - even if IP2-1
holds the older version.
Am I right?

Thank you for sharing the paper. I will have a look for more like this.

> In this case the lack of good docs and user-level API can be blamed on
> the fact that this functionality is still under heavy development.

I do not only mean documentation at the user-level but also inside a class,
if there is going on some complicated stuff.

- Mitch