On 09.09.2010, at 20:47, Markus Jelsma wrote:

> You should check Jira's roadmap [1] instead. It shows a clear picture of what
> has been done since the 1.4.1 release and pending issues for the 3.x branch
> and others.
>

> [1]:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR?report=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.project:roadmap-panel

good point. then again this link leaves a lot of open questions. for one i have
heard many core solr guys say that 1.5 will likely never be released. am i just
following a rumor here, but I guess the "now defunt" note would imply that I
guess all the 1.5 tickets will just move to whatever comes next? also it doesnt
mention tentative release schedules either.

anyway, i think it for now a little news port on the main page with a short
explanation what happened and what the key goal (new features, improvements)
are for the next release and a ball park when to expect them would go a long
way.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org