As Erick points out, you don't want a random doc as response!
What you're looking at is how to avoid the "0 hits" problem.
You could look into one of these:
* Introduce autosuggest to avoid many 0-hits cases
* Introduce spellchecking
* Re-run the failed query with fuzzy turned on (e.g. alpha~)
* Redirect user to some other, broader source (wikipedia, google...) if
relevant to your domain.
No matter what you do, it is important to communicate it to the user in a very
clear way.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com