Shawn Heisey wrote:

The one called PatternReplaceFilterFactory (no Char) has been around forever. It is not mentioned on the Wiki page about analyzers. The one called PatternReplaceCharFilterFactory is only available from svn.
This seems to be true, which I hadn't realized either. The wiki page doesn't mention the one that actually is in 1.4.1, but does mention the one that's NOT in 1.4.1.

I'd fix the wiki page to include the one that is in 1.4.1, and mention that the other one is not in 1.4.1 -- but the wiki page is locked down to editing. Can anyone else reading this make a fix?

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/AnalyzersTokenizersTokenFilters

Jonathan