A couple of people have asked about getting SOLR-2010 to work on v1.4.1.  I
uploaded a backported patch to JIRA today.  See
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-2010 and file "SOLR-2010_141.patch".

SOLR-2010 improves the SpellCheckComponent "Collate" funtionality. Specifically,

1. Only return collations that are guaranteed to result in hits if re-queried
(applying original fq params also). This is especially helpful when there is
more than one correction per query.
2. Provide the option to get multiple collation suggestions
3. Provide extended collation results including the # of hits re-querying will
return and a breakdown of each misspelled word and its correction.
4. Provide the option to create a "master" dictionary consisting of terms from
several fields and letting the Collator remove any spurious suggestions that
would result. (useful if using the dismax deftype to search across multiple
fields.)

More information is available from the JIRA case.

If you are interested in the additional functionality, I would encourage you to
try the patch out and also let me know if you run into any problems or have
suggestions for improvememnts.

Help on applying patches is here:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute#TestingPatches

James Dyer