Thank you for your suggestions .. makes sense and I didnt knew about the
XsltResponseWriter .. that opens up door to all kind of possibilities ..so
its great to know about that

but before I go that route .. what about performance .. In Solr Wiki it
mentions that XSLT transformation isnt so bad in terms of memory usage but I
guess its all relative to the amount of data and obviously system resources
..

my data set will be around 15000 - 30'000 records at the most ..I do have
about 30 some fields but all fields are either small strings (less than 500
chars) or dates, int, booleans etc .. so should I be worried about
performances problems while doing the XSLT translations .. secondly for
reports Ill have to request solr to send all 15000 some records at the same
time to be entered in report output files .. is there a way to kind of
stream that process .. well I think Solr native xml is already streamed to
you but sounds like for the translation it will have to load the whole thing
in RAM ..

and again what about SolrJ .. isnt that supposed to provide better
performance since its in java .. well I guess it shouldnt be much different
since it also uses the HTTP calls to communicate to Solr ..

Thanks for your help
Adeel