2010/9/23 Koji Sekiguchi <k...@r.email.ne.jp>:
>  (10/09/23 18:14), Koji Sekiguchi wrote:
>>  I'm using recent committed field collapsing / result grouping
>> feature in trunk.
>>
>> I'm confusing matches parameter in the result at the second
>> sample output of Wiki:
>>
>> http://wiki.apache.org/solr/FieldCollapsing#Quick_Start
>>
>> I cannot understand why there are two "matches":5 entries
>> in the result. Can anyone explain it?
> Probably multiple GroupCollectors are generated for each group.field,
> group.func and group.query and match can be counted per collector.

Correct.  The "matches" is the doc count before any grouping (and for
field.query that means before the restriction given by field.query is
applied).  It won't always be the same though - for example we might
implement filter excludes like we do with faceting, etc.

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8