You need to use a field type that will sort integers properly. You are, I'm pretty sure, using a field type that ends up doing string byte order comparison. And as a string, "2" is not in between "0" and "100". (In fact, pretty much only strings begininng with "0" like say "0234" are.).

In Solr 1.4.1, set up your field in the schema as an 'int' type instead, all will work well. And yes, use fq to filter, facet.query does not filter.

Jonathan

PeterKerk wrote:
Forgot to mention..I tried that too already.

So when I have:
location_rating_total:[0 TO 100]

It shows only the location for which the location_rating_total is EXACTLY
0...locations that have location_rating_total value of 2 are NOT included.

Any other suggestions?