On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 8:21 PM, Jonathan Rochkind <rochk...@jhu.edu> wrote:
> Huh, okay, I didn't know that #2 happened at all. Can you explain or point me
> to documentation to explain when it happens?  I'm afraid I'm having trouble
> understanding <<  if the analyzer returns more than one position back from a
> "queryparser token" (whitespace). >>
>
> Not entirely sure what that means.  Can you give an example?

It's always happened, up until recently when it's been made configurable.
An example is IndexReader being split into two tokens by
WordDelimiterFilter and searched as "index reader" (i.e. the two terms
must be directly next to each other for the document to match).  If
the new "autoGeneratePhraseQueries" is off, position doesn't matter,
and the query will be treated as "index" OR "reader".

-Yonik
http://lucenerevolution.org  Lucene/Solr Conference, Boston Oct 7-8