Hi

You could try to use the Velocity framework to build GUIs in a quick and efficent manner.

Solr come with a velocity handler already integrated that could be the best solution in your case:

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/VelocityResponseWriter

Also take these hints on the same topic: http://www.lucidimagination.com/blog/2009/11/04/solritas-solr-1-4s-hidden-gem/

there is also a webinar about rapid prototyping with solr:

http://www.slideshare.net/erikhatcher/rapid-prototyping-with-solr-4312681

Hope this help

Antonio