Hello!

I' using solrj 1.4.0 with java 1.6, on two occasions when indexing
~18000 documents we got the following problem:

(trace from jconsole)

Name: pool-1-thread-1

State: WAITING on
java.util.concurrent.locks.abstractqueuedsynchronizer$conditionobj...@11
e464a

Total blocked: 25  Total waited: 1

Stack trace:

sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.park(LockSupport.java:158)

java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.aw
ait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:1925)

java.util.concurrent.LinkedBlockingQueue.put(LinkedBlockingQueue.java:25
4)

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.StreamingUpdateSolrServer.request(Stre
amingUpdateSolrServer.java:196)

org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(Abstr
actUpdateRequest.java:105)

This is the codeblock that's used for indexing

                public UpdateResponse
indexDocuments(Collection<SolrInputDocument> docs, int commitWithin){

                               UpdateResponse updated = null;

                               if(docs.isEmpty()){

                                               return null;

                               }

                               try {

                                               UpdateRequest req = new
UpdateRequest();

req.setCommitWithin(commitWithin);

                                               req.add(docs);

                                               updated =
req.process(solr);

                               } catch (SolrServerException e) {

                                               logger.error("Error while
indexing documents ["+docs+"]", e);

                               } catch (IOException e) {

                                               logger.error("IOException
while indexing documents ["+docs+"]",e);

                               }

                               return updated;

                }

The commitWithin used in application is 10000.

If I'm not wrong it's a deadlock. Is this a known issue?

With regards

Michal Stefanczak