From: Erick Erickson <erickerick...@gmail.com>
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Wed, September 29, 2010 2:59:26 PM
Subject: Re: How to Index Pure Text into Seperate Fields?

Can you provide a few more details? You mention xpath, which leads me
to believe that you are using DIH, is that true? How are you getting
your documents to index? Parts of a filesystem?

Because it's possible to do many things. If you're using DIH against a
filesystem,
you could use two fileDataSources, one that works only on files with
a particular extension (xml, say) and another that processes .txt files.

But that said, if you're trying to index "just the text" of a Word document,
you
have to parse it quite differently than a plain text file, take a look at
Tika.

Al of which may not help you at all, because I'm guessing...

So I think a more complete problem statement would help us help you.

Best
Erick