Hello,

We were testing nutch configurations and apparently we got heavy handed with
our approach to stopping things.

Now when nutch starts indexing solr, we are seeing these messages:

org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Lock obtain timed out:
SingleInstanceLock: write.lock
org.apache.lucene.store.LockObtainFailedException: Lock obtain timed out:
SingleInstanceLock: write
.lock   at org.apache.lucene.store.Lock.obtain(Lock.java:85)    at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.init(IndexWriter.java:1140)      at
org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(IndexWrite
r.java:938)     at
org.apache.solr.update.SolrIndexWriter.<init>(SolrIndexWriter.java:116)
at
org.apache.solr.update.UpdateHandler.createMainIndexWriter(UpdateHandler.java:122)
at org.a
pache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.openWriter(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:167)
at
org.apache.solr.update.DirectUpdateHandler2.addDoc(DirectUpdateHandler2.java:221)
at org.apache.so
lr.update.processor.RunUpdateProcessor.processAdd(RunUpdateProcessorFactory.java:59)
at
org.apache.solr.handler.XmlUpdateRequestHandler.processUpdate(XmlUpdateRequestHandler.java:196)

I've looked through the configuration file. I can see where it defines the
lock type and I can see the unlock configuration. But I don't see where it
specifies the lock file. Where is it? What is its name?

Also, to speed up nutch, we changed the configuration to start several map
tasks at once. Is nutch trying to kick off several solr sessions at once and
is that causing messages like the above? Should we just change the lock to
simple?

Thanks,
Steve Cohen