Markus Jelsma-2 wrote:

> I don't know if sending the wrong content type results in this error
> message
> but you must send the proper content type header,  text/xml.

Thanks Markus.  I thought uploading a file from an HTML form required
"multipart/form-data".

Anyway, I did try changing it to "text/xml" and that, at least by itself,
was not the problem.  I do think it is somehow related to that as I can
build the request within Fiddler and send it to Glassfish successfully, and
Fiddler reports the content type as being text/xml (it is text/html when
sent from my HTML form with multipart/form-data).  To do this from Fiddler
however, I have to paste the contents of the XML file into the message body
before issuing the POST command.   Do I need to change something in the Solr
schema or configuration file for receiving an XML file, instead of receiving
XML data?