i would not cross-reference solr results with your database to merge unless you
want to spank your database. nor would i load solr with all your data. what i
have found is that the search results page is generally a small subset of data
relating to the fuller document/result. therefore i store only the data
required to present the search results wholly from solr. the user can choose to
click into a specific result which then uses just the database to present it.

use data import handler - define an xml config to import as many entities into
your document as you need and map columns to fields in schema.xml. use the Wiki
page on DIH - it's all there, as well as example config in the solr distro.

allistair