This may be a wild herring, but have you tried "raw"? NOTE: I'm a little
out of my depth here on what this actually does, so don't waste time by
thinking I'm an authority on this one. See:
http://lucene.apache.org/solr/api/org/apache/solr/search/RawQParserPlugin.html

and
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/SolrQuerySyntax
(this last under "built in query parsers").

HTH
Erick