I am aware of the facet.prefix facility. I am using SOLR to return a facetted
fields contents - I use the facet.prefix to restrict what returns from SOLR -
this is very useful for predictive search functionality (autocomplete).

My only issue is that the field I facet on is a string and could have 2 or 3
words in it, thus this process will only return strings that begin with what
the user is typing into my UI search box. It would be useful if I could get
facets back where I could match somewhere in the facetted field (not just at
the begninning), i.e. is there a fact.contains method?

If not I'll just have to code this in my service layer having received all
facets from SOLR (without the prefix)

Thanks for any help.

If you wish to view the St. James's Place email disclaimer, please use the link
below

http://www.sjp.co.uk/portal/internet/SJPemaildisclaimer