There is also a feature called a 'filter'. If you use certain words a lot, you can make filter queries with just those words. Look for 'filter' and 'fq=' on the wiki.

But really you can have hundreds of words in a query and not have a performance problem. Solr/Lucene is very fast. In benchmarking I have trouble sending enough requests to make several processors run at the same time.

Varun Gupta wrote:
Hi,

I have lot of small documents (each containing 1 to 15 words) indexed in
Solr. For the search query, I want the search results to contain only those
documents that satisfy this criteria "All of the words of the search result
document are present in the search query"

For example:
If I have the following documents indexed: "nokia n95", "GPS", "android",
"samsung", "samsung andriod", "nokia andriod", "mobile with GPS"

If I search with the text "samsung andriod GPS", search results should only
conain "samsung", "GPS", "andriod" and "samsung andriod".

Is there a way to do this in Solr.

--
Thanks
Varun Gupta