Interesting wiki link, I hadn't seen that table before.

And to answer your specific question about indexed=true, stored=false, this
is most often done when you are using analyzers/tokenizers on your field.
This field is for search only, you would never retrieve it's contents for
display. It may in fact be an amalgam of several fields into one 'content'
field. You have your display copy stored in another field marked
indexed=false, stored=true and optionally compressed. I also have simple
string fields set to lowercase so searching is case-insensitive, and have a
duplicate field where the string is normal case. the first one is
indexed/not stored, the second is stored/not indexed.