On Fri, Oct 29, 2010 at 3:49 PM, Chris Hostetter
<hossman_luc...@fucit.org> wrote:

> : This is a limitation in the SolrCache API.
> : The key into the cache does not contain rows, so the cache returns the
> : first 10 docs and increments it's hit count.  Then the cache user
> : (SolrIndexSearcher) looks at the entry and determines it can't use it.
>
> Wow, I never realized that.
>
> Why don't we just include the start & rows (modulo the window size) in
> the cache key?

The implementation of equals() would be rather difficult... actually
impossible w/o abusing the semantics.
It would also be impossible w/o the Map implementation guaranteeing
what object was on the LHS vs the RHS when equals was called.

Unless I'm missing something obvious?

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com