My impression was that

city:Chicago^10 +Romantic +View

would do what you want (with the standard lucene query parser and default operator OR), and I'm not sure about this, but I have a feeling that the version with "Boolean" operators AND/OR and parens might actually net out to the same thing, since under the hood all the terms have to be translated into "optional", "required" or "forbidden": lucene doesn't actually have true binary boolean operators. At least that was the impression I got after some discussion at a recent conference. I may have misunderstood - if so, could someone who knows set me straight?

Thanks

-Mike