On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 8:04 AM, Markus Jelsma
<markus.jel...@openindex.io> wrote:
> The question remains, why does the title field return a fieldNorm=0 for many
> queries?

Because the index-time boost was set to 0 when the doc was indexed.  I
can't say how that happened... look to your indexing code.

> And a subquestion, does the luke request handler return boost values
> for documents? I know i get boost values for fields but i haven't seen boost
> values for documents.

The doc boost is just multiplied into each field boost and doesn't
have a separate representation in the index.

-Yonik
http://www.lucidimagination.com