From: Bernhard Reiter [ock...@raz.or.at]
Sent: Thursday, November 04, 2010 5:49 PM
To: solr-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: RE: Testing/packaging question

Thanks for your instructions. Unfortunately, I need to do all that as
part of my package's (python-solrpy) build procedure, so I can't change
any global configuration, such as in the catalina subdirectories.

I've already sensed that restarting tomcat is also just too
system-invasive and would include changing its (system-wide)
configuration.

Are there any other ways to use solr for running the tests from
http://pypi.python.org/packages/source/s/solrpy/solrpy-0.9.3.tar.gz
without having to change any system configuration? Maybe via a user
Tomcat instance such as provided by the tomcat6-user debian package?

Thanks for your help!
Bernhard