Hi all,

we're moving from an old lucene version to solr  and plan to use the "Copy
Field" functionality. Previously we had "rolled our own" implementation,
sticking title, description, etc. in a field called 'content'.

We lose some flexibility (i.e. java layer can no longer control what gets in
the new copied field), at the expense of simplicity. A fair tradeoff IMO.

My question: has anyone found any subtle issues or "gotchas" with copy
fields?

(from the subject line "caveat"--pronounced 'kah-VEY-AT'  is Latin as in
"Caveat Emptor"..."let the buyer beware").

thanks,

will

will