On 11.11.2010, at 17:42, Erick Erickson wrote:

> I don't know all the implications here, but can't you just
> insert the StopwordFilterFactory before the ShingleFilterFactory
> and turn it loose?

havent tried this, but i would suspect that i would then get in trouble with
stuff like "united states of america". it would then generate a shingle with
"united states america" which in turn wouldnt generate a proper phrase search
string.

one option of course would be to restrict the shingles to 2 words and then
using the stop word filter would work as expected.

regards,
Lukas Kahwe Smith
m...@pooteeweet.org