Hi,

I thought I'd try turning on gzip compression but I can't seem to get
jetty's GzipFilter to actually compress my responses. I unpacked the
example solr.war and tried adding variations of the following to the
web.xml (and then rejar-ed), but as far as I can tell, jetty isn't
actually compressing anything.

<filter>
 <filter-name>GZipFilter</filter-name>
 <display-name>Jetty's GZip Filter</display-name>
 <description>Filter that zips all the content on-the-fly</description>
 <filter-class>org.mortbay.servlet.GzipFilter</filter-class>
 <init-param>
  <param-name>mimeTypes</param-name>
  <param-value>*</param-value>
 </init-param>
</filter>

<filter-mapping>
 <filter-name>GZipFilter</filter-name>
 <url-pattern>*</url-pattern>
</filter-mapping>

I've also tried explicitly listing mime-types and assigning the
filter-mapping using <servlet-name>. I can see that the GzipFilter is
being loaded when I add -DDEBUG to the jetty startup command. But as
far as I can tell from looking at the response headers nothing is
being gzipped. I'm expecting to see "Content-Encoding: gzip" in the
response headers.

Anyone successfully gotten this to work?

Thanks,
--jay